Mandala Vinyasa & Shamanism – 55hr RYT Certification
with Dulce Aguilar, Jamie Clarke and Carlos Mundalah
Applies to The Yoga People 500 Hour Teacher Training Program – Yoga Alliance.
from Tuesday 8th November to Wednesday 23nd November 2016 (please note teaching dates and times below).
– Tuesday 8th November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Wednesday 9th November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Saturday 12th November: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
– Monday 14th November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Tuesday 15th November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Wednesday 16th November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Saturday 19th November: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
– Monday 21st November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Tuesday 22nd November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Wednesday 23rd November: 9.30am – 5pm
– Regular price: £900
– Early bird: £750 if full payment received by 1st September 2016.
– Non refundable deposit: £150 to guarantee a place on the course. Full payment is required before the course start date.
– Payment is by BACS to the Light Centre.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
– Tuition, Materials & Yoga Alliance Certification.
Please contact Chloe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to request a course pack.
A Mandala Vinyasa journey through the wisdom of the Elements
The course has evolved through creating a connection between each Element and its corresponding Chakra. The intention is to bring healing to our first four energy centers, which represents the surrendering of the ego identity to “a being of trust”. These four chakras relate to the corresponding 4 elements of Shamanism according to Mexica Tradition. The elements and prana points will be accessed through a Mandala Vinyasa Flow, each based on the 4 main group of muscles of the leg. This ceremonial work will also be reinforced with Mantra, Indigenas Dancing & sealed with Meditation.
A Mandala and Shamanism Day:
– 9:30 am — 10:00am: Sound Meditation based on an Element
– 10 am — 12:00am: Mandala Vinyasa Flow based on a Element / Groups of Muscles / Chakra
– 12:00am — 1:30am: Vinyasa Flow Methodology
– 2:30pm – 3:30pm: Shamanism based on Elements
– 3:30pm — 4:00pm: Muscle liberation through Yin & Meditation
– 4:00pm — 5:00pm: Mandala Yoga – Vinyasa Flow
Added to this:
On Saturday 12th Nov, 5-7pm: Fire and Earth Dance and Chants
On Saturday 19th Nov, 5-7pm: Air and Water Dance and Chants
This is how we will open the gate of our physical layer. The practice works towards a firm intention, such as element/ chakra/ group of muscles, following the main stucture of Ashtanga Vinyasa.
– Sun Salutes / Warm Up: done in a spiraling way around the mat, this is a preparation of the group of the muscles which will be observed.
– Standing / Seated: vinyasas of poses that continue massaging the group of muscles, here deeper contemplation will be reached.
– Closing Sequences: maximum contemplation and the sealing of energy through different methods.
The Methodology behind each sequence including its intention, will be described in detail.
We will awaken our energy with gratitude and joy in community by chanting powerful medicine songs as well as mantras in a unique way. Music and dance is the underlying essence in all spiritual traditions and cultures around the world. Sound is the primal vibration of the universe by which we reunite and harmonize.
We will also practice the Aztec dance honoring the elements and different power animals by forming a circle and beating with the sound of the drum. Dance it is known as a warrior spiritual practice.
Muscle liberation through Yin & Meditation
Chi cultivation and the awareness of Prana will be the intention of these sessions. In order to access subtle elements such as the nature inside of us, introspection is required. During these sessions we will follow up with the group of muscles worked in the Mandala Flow. We will look in from different perspectives, trying to reach a deeper level of subtlety, following the premise “the stiller you can be, the deeper you can hear”.
The Mandala / body practices prepares the muscular activation. The Yin Yoga & Meditation creates deeper introspection, a transition from the outside to the inside. The Shamanic aspects of Mantra & Dancing will take us out of ourselves, they are ego dissolvers that connects us to our past generations.
Jamie (Blue Magnetic Eagle)
Has been teaching Vinyasa Yoga since 2001. He began teaching teachers in 2003 and has been hosting Teacher Trainings since 2010. He is a co-founder & director of TYP and a E-RYT 500 registered Yoga Teacher. He has completed advanced trainings in Ashtanga Vinyasa (Sri K. Pattabhi Jois), Rocket Yoga with Larry Shultz, Tripsichore Yoga with Edward Clark, and Yin Yoga, Chakra Meditation & Anatomy with Paul and Suzee Grilley. His teachings take an integrated Yin and Yang approach with particular interests in Transpersonal Psychology and Meditation.
Dulce (Blue Rhythmic Storm)
Has been following a path of yoga, self-inquiry and shamanic tradition since she was 23 years old. Her path includes Mayan Astronomy, Chakra Theory, Reiki as well as influences from Rocket, Mandala & Tripsichore in Vinyasa flow as well as Yin Yoga. Her intention is to create a more balanced version of herself, where she is able to recognize her own shadows in order to have a freer experience in life. Her teachings are guided to encourage a road of self-responsibility where you are able to follow the guru that resides inside your heart.
Carlos (Blue Planetary Monkey- Chicome Ollintzin)
Started his personal path through kung-fu at age 18 while studying medicine at college. In 2008 he moved into traditional native medicine, and started practicing meditation. Ever since, he’s studied herbal medicine, Aztec dance, different meditation techniques, chinese medicine fundamentals, and music therapy. In 2011 co-founded a holistic center where he’s learned many art and healing techniques as well as spiritual paths, having the blessing of being initiated in some of them. Music driving his life, he believes in creating community through service, art, love to mother earth and humble sharing, where diversity and universality drives us to oneness.